Wednesday 28 April 2010

Don Cornell - Hold My Hand

Don Cornell - 'Hold My Hand'
8th October, 1954 (4 weeks)
19th November 1954 (1 week)

Following on from Frank Sinatra, Don Cornell reached Number 1 with 'Hold My Hand', which was another song from a film, this one called 'Susan Slept Here'.

Here is Susan (aka, one Debbie Reynolds - wife of previous Was That Really At Number 1? topic Eddie Fisher) listening to Hold My Hand on the good old fashioned wireless box:


This song was actually beaten by Frank Sinatra's 'Three Coins In The Fountain' for the 1954 Academy Award for Best Original Song. Whereas I blogged on the importance of that win for Sinatra's profile (and I certainly won't recant on it), it's a shame in many ways, because I actually prefer this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment